Vitamins & Minerals
- DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) is an omega-3 fatty acid shown to be essential for normal brain development in the fetus and growing infant. It is the predominant omega-3 fatty acid present in human breast milk.
- Folic Acid (folate) is a B vitamin shown to help a baby’s neural tube (the part of a developing baby that becomes the brain and spinal cord) to develop properly. Folate is needed both before and during the first few weeks of pregnancy to help reduce the risk of the baby having a birth defect of the brain or spinal cord.
- Antioxidants, Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Beta Carotene protect healthy cells from the ravaging effects of free radicals as well as promoting healthy cell development.
- Iron is provided in a unique “non-constipating” form (iron bisglycinate), eliminating a common problem with many prenatal products.
- Red Raspberry Leaf is an herb known to “Mothers” over the world as a help in easing morning sickness. It acts as a uterine toner and reduces pain during labor and after birth. It may also assist in the production of breast milk. Raspberry is safe and effective for use during pregnancy and throughout breast feeding.
- Ginger, Meadowsweet and Chamomile are soothing herbs helpful in easing morning sickness, alleviating nausea, and calming an upset stomach.